Monday 18 February 2013

What is the best media receiver for my home network?

I've got a rackmount fileserver with enough space to future proof me for a very long time! What im looking for is a way to stream films from my fileserver to the living room tv and bedroom tv's. Some kind of media streamer box. Now a lot exist out there and I've looked at loads including the boxee but I cant seem to find anything that's fast with an easy to navigate GUI (bearing in mind I have over 1000 films on this file server!) I'm swaying towards a Dreambox because I already use them for TV but the GUI isn't great. Can anyone recommend something? Also must support surround sound! How cool would it be if I could use it to record from TV to my file server?

What is a VPN?


VPN is (Virtual Private Network) were first used by companies to enable their employees to securely access internal systems such as email remotely (e.g. from home or while on business trips). Today they are increasingly being used for personal use by individuals to protect their privacy while online in public places (e.g. when using the wi-fi connection in a cafe) or in a country where the internet is censored / blocked (e.g. China, Saudi Arabia…).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.